- Asino, T. I., & Tietjen, P. (2018, June 27). Making Learning Without Borders a Reality. Educause Review
- Tietjen, P., Akgun, M. (2017). Deciphering conflicts of affordances through a Design-based approach. In R.D. Roscoe, S.D. Craig and I. Douglas (Eds.). EndUser Considerations in Educational Technology Design. Hershey, PA: IGI Global
- Hod, Y., et al. (2017, June). Invited Presenter: ‘Synthesizing CSCL Perspectives on the Theory, Methods, Design and Implementation of Future Learning Spaces’. In Smith, B. K., Borge, M., Mercier, E., and Lim, K. Y. (Eds.), Proceedings of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning: Making a Difference: Prioritizing Equity and Access in CSCL, Philadelphia, PA (pp. 897-900). International Society of the Learning Sciences
- Tietjen, P., Özkan-Bekiroglu, S., Choi, K., McDonald, S. & Rook, M.M. (2017, April). A Sociomaterial Investigation of an Active Learning Space. Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association (AERA). San Antonio, TX
- Tietjen, P., & Sharma, P. (2017). Conducting an Investigation Into Meaning-Making in an Online Setting. In SAGE Research Methods Cases Part 2. London EC1Y 1SP United Kingdom: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Tietjen, P., McDonald, S. & Rook, M.M. (2016). Theorizing Learning Spaces: A Sociomaterial Approach. International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS). Singapore, July 2016
- Rook, M.M., McDonald, S., Choi, K. & Tietjen, P. (2016). Facilitating Bridges of Practice Among Multiple Learning Communities. Symposium: Future Learning Spaces for Learning Communities: New Directions and Conceptual Frameworks. International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS). Singapore
- Tietjen, P. & Sharma, P. (2016). Investigating collaborative meaning making in an open, peer production environment. Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association (AERA), Learning Sciences Special Interest Group. Washington D.C.
- Tietjen, P. & Sharma, P. (2016). Exploring Student Participation Patterns and Meaning Making in an Online Course: A Learning Analytics Approach. Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association (AERA). Washington D.C
- Sharma, P. & Tietjen P. (2015). Examining Patterns Of Participation and Meaning-Making In Student Blogs: A Case Study In Higher Education. American Journal of Distance Education
- Pursel, B. K., Stubbs, C., Tietjen, P., & Choi, J. (2016). The Intersection of Digital Badges, Big Data and Learning at Scale. In Z. Berge & L. Muilenburg (Eds.), Digital Badges in Education: Trends, Issues, and Cases. Routledge